**Machias Maine Wild Blueberry Festival - held in Machias during
mid August each year - VERY popular.
This year is the 33rd Annual Festival (August 15-17, 2008) with special events beginning August 12th
For more information visit online at www.machiasblueberry.com
Be our guests while enjoying the host of activities the area has to offer.
- Fresh and saltwater rivers and lakes abound for canoeing, kayaking,
boating, and swimming.
- Do some bird watching at fresh and salt water marshes and islands.
Machias Seal Island is home to nesting Atlantic puffins.
- Explore the State Parks and nature conservancy lands.
- Join in with farm chores and activities and get to know our "Speechless
Brothers" as the ancient Incas referred to the gentle llama.
- Visit local museums, historic points of interest, and lighthouses.
- Enjoy foliage tours during the fall months and X-country skiing or
snowshoeing during the winter months.
- Enjoy the local Blueberry Festival in late summer and the many Craft
Fairs that abound.
- Relax by biking or hiking, or unwind with a game of croquet or horseshoes.
- On those clear evenings, take the time to gaze at the stars.